Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Volvo D3-110 won't start - instruments won't even light up?

Scott,

Unfortunately, you will need a Volvo certified mechanic with the latest Volvo software on his laptop.

Hopefully it is not a dead Volvo computer, or two.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 12:36 PM, cpp_berkeley <no_reply@...> wrote:

After a nice short day sail today, we were approaching Katakolo, Greece and I started the Volvo D3-110 (rev c) on my A54 and after a few minutes at idle, engaged into forward gear and about 30 seconds later, the motor died.

I tried to start it again but neither the EVC System Tachometer nor the Alarm Display lit up. So effectively the motor is not responding at all to the ignition key. Both of the 20 amp fuses on the motor are intact.

The starting battery is showing 12.9v and the genset, which I believe uses the same battery, started fine. 

Any ideas how I can start diagnosing this? 

Scott

SV Tengah

A54 #69

Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.