Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: water squirting from engine vented loop

Ryan Meador

Hi Bill,

That is good news! Just so I'm certain I understand, the water coming out of this bolt thing is normal, and that is distinct from the vent at the top of the loop? I see no path for water from the top of the loop to get into the scupper.

Thanks,
Ryan

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018, 11:02 AM greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Ryan,

Check nothing!  That is what it is supposed to do.  (Bet you are happy to hear THAT for a change?)

The fitting at the top of the water hose loop does have a small hole that drains as a syphon break into the scupper.  There is no check valve or other obstruction in the fitting, it is just a hole.  You only have to check something if you do NOT hear the water gurgling.  That might indicate a plug in the vent, and increase the risk of water draining into the engine.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD. USA