Cover for mechanical rudder indicator on Steering wheel hub

Steve Leeds

After nursing the old plastic cover for 25 years, the plastic cover on the mechanical rudder indicator on the steering wheel hub on our 1985 Sharki has finally disintegrated.  I know most owners with this situation have cut off the nylon indicator and covered up the opening as new autopilot displays show the rudder position.

However, we like the convenience of the old set up and ability to check the rudder position when the electronics are turned off.

Has any owner of an older boat found a satisfactory solution to this problem?

Steve Leeds

Yacht MACCABEE

Sharki #121