Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] water squirting from engine vented loop [1 Attachment]

Mark Erdos

Ryan and Kelly,

This is perfectly normal. The sound should make you happy as it means sea-water is flowing through the engine and out the exhaust. The vented loop is mounted with a hollow bolt and no valve. Some systems opt to install a valve but it is just another thing that can go wrong. Simple is best.

As an FYI, this bolt will also whistle. It you are at a calm anchorage and the boat rocks a little, air can be forced back up the exhaust at the water line and every once in a while the hole will whistle. This drove me crazy for a while. It can be stopped by stuffing a rag into the scupper by the vented loop air exit (and putting a note on the engine control panel to remind you of the rag).

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us