Dessalator Duo 160 - AC Motor for High Pressure Pump

pstas2003 <no_reply@...>

Good day to all,

We are having some problems with our watermaker.  At times, the high pressure pump will not start when power is applied to the AC motor.  I have had success by manually spinning the pump first and then it has worked or by running it shortly after shutting down the system.  I was thinking that it could be the capacitors or even brushes (no sure if this is a brushless motor or not).  As far as the capacitors are concerned, I am not sure what the specs are as mine have been painted over.  I read on the forum that both are 30 micro farads (I forget the voltage), but have been told by a shop in Martinique that the running capacitor was 45 micro farads.  I don’t recall what they said for the starting capacitor but they did say they were different.

As always, any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn
Fort Louis Marina - Saint Martin