Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] water squirting from engine vented loop

greatketch@...

The first time I saw the "continuous dribble" form of syphon break for an engine was on a Westsail 32 close to 20 years ago.

It was such an obviously good idea, I chucked the "check valve" syphon break on my own boat and installed a small line from the syphon loop to the cockpit gutter at the helmsman's feet.  It gave immediate visual and auditory confirmation that cooling water was flowing, and that the syphon break was clear.

When we bought our Amel I was very glad to see they had the same arrangement.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie