Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Two questions

I think your question was directed to me. My suggestion is to buy the March pump that the Climma distributor recommends. If you are in the US, it is Coastal Climate Control. In the EU, it is Veco.

And, I believe with ACs, it is liters/min that is the most important number.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018, 11:38 brass.ring@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

A couple of follow up questions concerning the Calpeda raw water pump for the A/C units.  You mentioned a March Mag-Drive pump that could be a replacement and better for the Amel bonding system.  Does this have something to do with the pump motor or that the wet end of the pump is magnetically coupled to the motor?

The Calpeda pump on my boat is rated at ½ hp while the March is 1/8 hp.  I was also looking at an Iwaka MD-70-R-220 magnetically coupled pump rated at ¼ hp used by other water cooled air conditioner manufacturers.  The head pressures seem to be the major differentiating factor, do you know the Amel/Climma system head pressure target?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Mark Mueller

Brass Ring  A54-68

Ft. Lauderdale