Chesapeake Bay Rendezvous

Patrick McAneny

I have heard from several owners regarding what date would be good for them. It appears that early Oct. before the boat show would be good for virtually everyone, and August would not be doable for a few. Actually if in Oct. two additional boats would be able to make it , bringing it up to 14 boats. So even if all don't make it , it should still be a great turn out.

So this would be the plan:

Boats would arrive on or before the afternoon on Monday Oct.1 , a casual meet & greet, dinghy about bumming a beer here and there.

Tuesday , we could have a pot luck lunch , last time we hosted it on our boat , it was a bit crowded , this time it looks to be more boats /crew , 7 boats last time, 14 interested this year . So maybe a couple of boats could raft up for lunch this time.

We would then have dinner at the Crab Claw , its large enough to accommodate large groups, which could easily be 35 plus.

Wednesday would be a free day to mingle or tour the town , with the possibility of a party ashore in the evening , but still to be determined.

Thursday , For those interested in going to Annapolis for the boat show as we are, we could have an informal rally over , normally about a four hour sail . We always just anchor out , but you could get a slip if you reserve one in advance.

That pretty much covers it for now. I will post again by mid August , asking for a head count to make dinner reservations at the Crab Claw .

If most of the boats attend ,as well as a few individuals , including Joel, who just confirmed he is coming , it should be a great turn out and a lot of fun.

See Ya There,

Pat & Diane,

SM Shenanigans