Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Super Maramu 2000 Dodgers

Krassopoulos Dimitris <dkra@...>

It is very interesting to receive e-mail from non Amel owner but believe me
that you first to sail in an Amel to understand the boat.
No there is no need for a hard top on the SM 2000. The design is absolute ok
depending ofcource of your sail area. If you planning to sail in the
Antarctica it is necessary but as a comprise for the main sailing
destinations is the optimum. The Hallberg Rassy hard top is necessary for
Scandinavian sailing but not for mediteranean or tropical conditions. When
you install the two new designed side screens is absolutely dry even with
high seas and comfortable as a hardtop and ofcource foldable when the
conditions allow it.The handles installed on the hard part are very useful
to step out. The awning extension for sun protection is very well designed
and very easily installed.
My only suggestion to Amel would be to make the second windscreen also
openable as the drivers windscreen I really do not understand why they do
not make the design symmetrical.

Best Regards

Dimitris Krassopoulos
S/Y Alma Libre