Mizzen mast part unknown

Paul <pflafrance@...>

While we were installing a temporary halyard on the mizzenmast we found
a rubber bell shaped part in the inside base of the mizzenmast and are
not sure where it belongs. Perhaps on the top of the Mizzen rotary
manual furling rod that prevents the chatter inside the mizzenmast. We
have taken a picture of the part which can be viewed at the following site
Does any one know what and how this part is installed and what purpose
it provides.

SM 362S/V Nomad

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.