RUDDER ZINC SACRIFICE ANODES - QUESTION

Alejandro Paquin

As part of the project to apply the new gelcoat on the hull, we were in the process of replacing the zinc anodes on the rudder (the older Maramu has 2). We noticed that one of the anodes was missing when Simpatico went on the hard. Further investigation revealed that the bolt or element on which the anode is screwed (inside the spade) onto is also missing, so we are unable to screw the second anode in place. Any thoughts of how we should proceed in this case. As far as we know, the inside of the rudder spade is not serviceable.

Alex Paquin

s/v SIMPATICO

Hull # 94