Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] RUDDER ZINC SACRIFICE ANODES - QUESTION

karkauai

The bolt on the other side will be the same thread.  If the threads are stripped you may be able to rethread with the same size.  If you need to go larger, I’d rethread the other side the same so you don’t need two size wrenches.  With bigger bolts you may need to drill the zincs out to accommodate a larger bolt (I have to do that on all my zincs, they drill easily.)

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM243

On Jun 7, 2018, at 5:36 PM, alex.paquin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

As part of the project to apply the new gelcoat on the hull, we were in the process of replacing the zinc anodes on the rudder (the older Maramu has 2). We noticed that one of the anodes was missing when Simpatico went on the hard. Further investigation revealed that the bolt or element on which the anode is screwed (inside the spade) onto is also missing, so we are unable to screw the second anode in place. Any thoughts of how we should proceed in this case. As far as we know, the inside of the rudder spade is not serviceable.

Alex Paquin

s/v SIMPATICO

Hull # 94