Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Climma Compact 9EH Troubleshooting tips?

That sounds like the 40uf or the 10uf Capacitor inside the control box. These are the start and run caps for the compressor. On your vintage of the Compact 9 there are a total of 5 caps.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 8:26 AM sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

My aft cabin air conditioner is not working.  Last winter the heating element wasn't working and replacing the capacitors solved the problem.

Now the air conditioning doesn't work.  I double checked the capacitors, and they are all in spec.

When I turn on the unit with the temperature setting all the way to cold, after the timer has counted down, the fan comes on, and there is an audible click.  There was an odd sound from the compressor, almost like a shudder.  The fan continues to run, but does not cool the air.

The Troubleshooting manual says it's either the Power Relay, or the Compressor is broke.  I suppose it could also be the thermostat.

Does anyone have any tips on diagnosing these issues?  Is the Power Relay the clear plastic boxes in the bo x with the capacitors?  I'm wondering if I can swap out the "K1 Power Relay" with one of the other AC's to check?

If you replaced the unit, what brand/model did you get?

Thanks in advance,

Duane