Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Climma Compact 9EH Troubleshooting tips?

karkauai

Coastal Climate Control is in Annapolis.  You can stop on your way N if you want them to take a look at it.

I replaced the complete units, not sure about compatibility of parts with your other two units if you do replace it.  That’s on my list of things to check this Summer.

That’s your call, Duane.  They are pretty bulletproof and it might have some good years left in it.  They’re expensive, heavy and bulky.  I don’t think I’d want to carry a spare, but if you do change it out, I’d try to find a place for the old one if it’s compatible with the new controller, etc.

I’m of the “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” school.  Others are more aggressive about replacing equipment as it starts to age.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243
St Michaels, MD

Duane wrote:

Hi Kent,

We are in West Palm headed for Maine. Our boat and ac are 2005.

For a 13 year old AC, if it needs a compressor I wonder if it's not better to replace it? The same reasoning you use for a car with lots of miles.

Duane
Wanderer, SM477