Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Slowing down in increasing winds

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl

Wise decision Pat.

For our Caribbean cruising in 2019, and for our Pacific crossing afterwards, we cannot see ourselves forking out the extra cash for currents as it is far less important, and more benign so probably never a life or death decision.

I forgot to mention earlier that wave / swell heights and directiins right across the Indian Ocean so far have been absolutely spot on for P. Wind. When they said 3-4 meters that was precisely what we were in, and where it predicted 5-6m we got exactly that. Really impressive and we re-run our weather forecasts normally 2 to 3 times per 24hrs when on an ocean crossing. Why not ...it is free on the unlimited package and .... something intetesting to do out there when alone.... and means we can keep putting the boat is the best currents which were all amazingly accurate.

Wr have HF and oactor modem but are now real advocates of the IridiumGo and PW.

Colin
SV IslandPearl II
Amel SM #333
Rodrigues

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S6 on the Telstra Mobile Network