Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacitors for 160 AC Dessalator

Mohammad Shirloo

Hello Bob;

We have the 150 l/h dessalator. The HP pump motor is the LAFERT AMME 100L BA4 50HZ 230V 3.0HP 220-240V.

The two capacitors are:

1. 70 microF +/-5%, AC 400V AC 450V 50-60 Hz. Ours is made by ICAR Italy
  2. 180 microF -0+20% 220 Vac 40-60 HZ made by FACON Italy.
If you have the same motor, this information may be of use. Of course the brand of the capacitor would be irrelevant. One important item to keep in mind, is the resistor that connects the two poles of the capacitor, I believe for discharge after power down. When we changed ours, we unsoldered the resistor from the existing capacitor and re-soldered to the new.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any additional information. We are not on board but have detailed pictures to reference.

Respectfully;
Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099

Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 11:36 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacitors for 160 AC Dessalator

Does anyone have a part number or source for the 2 large black capacitors on the high pressure pump for the Dessalator 160?  They both have a stud for a nut on one end to fasten (and provide electrical contact) to the pump bracket. Ours still work but are falling apart physically-- I've got them held together with cable ties and need to replace them at some point.

We've searched the site, but couldn't really find the answer.

Bob and Suzanne, KAIMI SM 429

Cagliari, Sardenga 

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.