Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] How to flush Volvo D3-110i-C

Mark Erdos

Paul,

Sorry, I misread your post. You did say raw-water side.

The best way to clean the raw water side is to remove the heat exchanger and after cooler from the engine. Either take them to a radiator shop or put them in a bucket with a phosphoric acid solution.

I think I would replace “crunchy” hoses. Else, the inside of hoses can be cleaned with a pressure washer.

Also check the exhaust elbow for any holes or blockage. Any side of salt on the outside of the elbow indicates a pin size hole and needs to be addressed.

Hope this helps.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us