Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: IMPORTANT - Dessalator JIC Flare fittings on High Pressure Hoses + More

Craig Briggs

Hey Bill,

On the second part of your post about the gal with the possibly damaged high pressure flare faces, I've had perfect results with leaking/damaged flare joint in the past with the Flaretite seals which actually provide fresh metal for the sealing joint, along with the baked on Loctite. Certainly worth a try and much better than Loctite alone.

Cheers, Craig Briggs, SN68 Sangaris

--In amelyachtowners@..., <brouse@...> wrote :

Craig & All,

......(2nd part of original post)...................A client of Amel School is testing the Dessalator procedure this week to see if it will stop the slight leak at the flare joint. We are hopeful that it will, however, I think there is at least a 50% chance that the flare faces are damaged and that is the cause of his leak. Possibly he will report on this thread the results.

Best,
Bill Rouse