From: James Alton lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Tue, Jun 19, 2018 8:44 pm
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Boots for spreaders

I think that most of the wear on a Genoa from the spreader tips occurs when the winds are light and there is a beam sea running making the boat roll.  Under those conditions the Genoa can rub the spreader tip even with the sheet well eased.  Patches on the Genoa certainly help but a well rounded roller on the spreader tip I think helps even more.

Best,

James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220

On Jun 19, 2018 5:34 PM, "arthur saftlas art@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

A properly trimmed genoa should not touch a spreader.

"The cure for anything is salt water; sweat, tears, or the sea." - Karen Blixen