A wind sensor option...

greatketch@...

This just came across my desk. I don't know anything about it other than what the promotional materials say, although a little digging shows they have been around for a while.  For those Amel sailors who want to keep their B&G Hydra instrument systems, this might give a viable option for a masthead wind sensor which at about 600-700 Euros is a significant savings compared to a replacement B&G MHU213.

I have used another brand of ultrasonic wind sensor in the past and was very happy with it.  (No bearings to wear out and replace, for example!)

Again, no personal experience, so this is not a recommendation, just pointing out an option that has plug-and-play Hydra compatibility.  It was new to me, and likely to others too.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA