Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Water in rudder

It's normal. It is designed to fill with sea water. Thank you, Henri Amel. BTW, the skeg should not fill with water. I have seen at least 2 skegs filled with water as a result of a serious collision. All 2 were hard to find cracks near the hull.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018, 06:58 Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good morning Paul,

In short (at least on the SM) it is normal.
This has been covered in several previous post.
Here is a beautiful explanation from Joel:

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Water in rudder
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Friday, June 22, 2018, 6:40 AM

Hi all,
When I hauled out I noticed a lot of
water draining from the hole in the bottom of the rudder. I
did not notice this in any of the previous haulouts. I have
seen this on other boats though. Is there domething I should
be concerned about?
Cheers,PaulYa
Fohi - Amel 54 #98