Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] keep short poles up?

Peter de Groot

Hi Danny,
Thanks for your reply.  I'm still in the familiarization stage with the SM doing weekend off shore day sailing.  We're beating upwind for a relatively short down wind sail (heading back to the coast)  Recently I was leaving the short poles up to make it quicker, easier for the down wind leg.
When we head to Mexico (hopefully 2020) we'll  make judgments based on longer periods of relatively consistent wind direction.  I may revisit the towel or leather idea at that time.  For now the poles will be coming down.

Thanks
Peter de Groot
La Querida SM207