Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AMFA bilge pump gear sprocket broken

Porter McRoberts

I had the same thing happen on my Amel 54
Amel in Martinique had them
But as I am becoming more and more intimate with machine shops and hardware stores in the Caribbean and panama  I have seen replacements commonly.

I’d take that piston and bolt gearbox with you onto the city and I bet you’ll find either a guy who can repair it or some replacements.

I hope that helps.

Porter.
A54-152

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone

On Jun 25, 2018, at 1:13 AM, connor_barry@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi All,
Can anyone advise me how to get and repair the gear sprocket in the AMFA bilge pump on my Amel 54.
When the pump stopped working I thought it was needing the service kit, I replaced all the inner parts but then discovered that the gear sprocket had broken. The 24v electric motor is running fine. Can this nylon/plastic part be obtained and replaced?

Best Regards

Barry and Penny
“Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54. #17