Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Iridium Go

Alex Ramseyer <alexramseyer@...>

IridiumGO has worked well on my boat. Of course there is the 2.4k bandwith limitation that comes with every Iridium connection..
Buy the external antenna and place it at a good spot where nothing disturbs the connection.
Cheers, Alex
SY NO STRESS, AMEL54

On Friday, June 22, 2018, 7:28:10 PM GMT-4, Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Agreed Kent. Now that my external antenna is working my iridium go is very good too.

Not fast but reliable. Like my Amel.
Porter
54-152

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone

On Jun 22, 2018, at 10:55 AM, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Pat,

I have an Iridium phone with a gadget that uses the phone to create a Bluetooth WiFi hotspot.  I use it to get weather and do email.  It was less than satisfactory until I added a permanent antenna.  Now it’s awesome...good signal, fast downloads.  Maybe the bad reviews are from people like me before my new antenna???

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM243