Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Finally a real forum member

The answer is simple for tropical waters. If you enjoy diving and scraping your hull every 2-4 months, coppercoat is fine. However, if you do not and want something more actively involved in controlling barnacles and growth, look for an active inhibitor antifouling...there are lots of opinions on which to use.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 1:05 PM arno.luijten@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear Forum,

After quite some time lurking on this forum and provided unsollicited comments to Amel owners , we finally managed to get hold of one of our own. If all goes well we will gain the ownership by mid-July.

She is a 2009 Amel 54 in dire need of a lot of t.l.c.

We will bring her to Curacao in the next month and put her on the hard for the remainder of the hurricane season. There we will start with the extensive process to bring her back to her original “Grandeur”.

My first question is about Coppercoat. Is that possible/recommendable for an Amel?

I’m sure many other questions will pop up in the coming months.

Regards

Arno

A54 - Luna