deck - fake teak chipping off

S/Y MELMAR Y - marc <newsgroup@...>

hello
our maramu (#89) is in her best years. but being now only in the tropics the fake teak really starts to chip off more and more. besides of passing by amel i was wondering what possibilities did you find or experiences do you have to fix this problem. my first try was just to 'over paint' part of it with expoxy (west systems) - with the quite big thermal extensions of the deck that cover coat started already to build tiny cracks, so that seems not to be the solution... love to hear many solution.
marc, S/Y MELMAR Y, www.melmar.ch