Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Finally a real forum member

Hi Arno,

I would not worry too much about your pollution level… the commercial ships never have barnacles or green on their hulls.

What do you think makes their AF so effective?  Yet the regulators ban the use of products on recreational yachts…

Go figure.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007

On 26 Jun 2018, at 08:42, Jean-Pierre's MacBook Air jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Arno,

I have Coppercoat on my SM.  Some of Bill Rouse’s cautions apply.. such as the growth of algaeon the hull.  However, I have NO barnacles whatsoever after 3 years in the Med, Caribbean, Panama and Pacific.

Yes, I do clean the hull every 2 months.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007.

On 26 Jun 2018, at 08:30, Alex Ramseyer alexramseyer@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Arno,
I'll be in Caracao in the end of July/August timeframe with my boat. Would be nice to meet then. Do you have a local phone?
Best regards,
Alex
SY NO STRESS
AMEL54 #15

On Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 2:12:37 PM GMT-4, arno.luijten@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear Forum,

After quite some time lurking on this forum and provided unsollicited comments to Amel owners , we finally managed to get hold of one of our own. If all goes well we will gain the ownership by mid-July.

She is a 2009 Amel 54 in dire need of a lot of t.l.c.

We will bring her to Curacao in the next month and put her on the hard for the remainder of the hurricane season. There we will start with the extensive process to bring her back to her original “Grandeur”.

My first question is about Coppercoat. Is that possible/recommendable for an Amel?

I’m sure many other questions will pop up in the coming months.

Regards

Arno

A54 - Luna