Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow-Truster overheat
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 12:41 PM

Hello
Reudi;

Yes,
the Amel 54 has a thermal cutoff to prevent damage to the
thruster as well as
continuous high current draw (Around 550 Amps at 24V) which
could lead to fire
on board. We've had the thermal cutoff kick in  only a
couple of times
and it has reset in a matter of minutes. We have not timed
the exact reset
duration.

I'm
not aware of any adjustments in the thermal cutoff. The bow
thruster has a
direct connection to the batteries without a breaker. The
thermal cutoff is the
only safety items preventing major damage to the thruster
and/or
wiring.

Try to
use the thruster in bursts (less than 15 seconds), as much
as possible, so it
has time to cool down between usage. We try to over correct
a bit when we use
use the BT so as the bow falls off, the BT has more time to
cool.

Respectfully;
Mohammad
Shirloo