Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Frigoboat re-charging

John Clark

Paul,  you say the HP tube is frosted before entering the evaporator/freezer?  10" vac is too low,  105 psi does sound high....

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018, 6:16 PM sharongbrown@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all once again!

I'd like to resume this thread having now acquired a gauge set and a cylinder of R134A. After lots of trawling the web, tI'm still not 100% sure about my diagnosis for my faulty freezer. After running for quite some time, the high pressure reading is 105 psi and the low is minus 10 in Hg. This leads me to believe that there is a blockage in the capilliary tube or the evaporator, as from what I have managed to find out the low pressure should be around 7-10psi. The high pressure tube frosts up to the point of entry to the evaporator but the evaporator remains cold but not frosted. I've tried heating it with a mini blow torch (as I've seen fridge techs do) but to no avail.

I would be interested if someone could confirm my diagnosis or correct it if it is wrong, and offer any further advice on how the remedy the problem. I understand it may require a vacuum in which case I'll have to get the experts in.

Cheres,
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98