Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] wind direction on B&G Hydra

John,

Do you have the digital B&G MastHead Unit (MHU), or the B&G analog 213MHU?

Is your Amel a 55, or 54...if 55, are you sure about hull #65?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 9:52 AM clanton@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I recently experienced a loss of wind direction data on my B&G Hydra while on passage.  Wind speed continued to report normally, but all direction related data boxes displayed a flat line.  A reboot of the Hydra system at the breaker corrected the problem, but it occurred again later in the day.  I plan to disconnect, treat with CorrosionX, and reconnect the wires at the black box and at the junction below the mast step.

Has anyone had a similar experience?  Aside from checking connections, does anyone have a suggestion other than finding a technician to look at it?

Thanks,

John

S/V Devereux, A55 #65

Ribadeo Spain