Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Frigoboat re-charging

Craig Briggs

Paul,

In addition to Ian's excellent info, you'll want to be sure to install a new dryer each time you open/evacuate the system, especially with your moisture issue. Since Ian didn't mention it, I'm guessing your units may have had Frigoboat's pre-charged freon lines with no drier, but since you're opening the system for evacuation it's critical to install one - very simple and $25.. (I've got Northern Lights refrigeration which doesn't use pre-charged lines, so a drier is standard.)

Cheers, Craig Briggs, SN68 Sangaris, Brunswick, GA

---In amelyachtowners@..., <sharongbrown@...> wrote :

Ian,

Thanks for the detailed info - that's a great help. The 54 has a Frigoboat with connectors for both high & low pressure. It does seem then that I have a blockage then. I'm in Antigua so finding a vacuum pump at reasonable price may be a bit challenging. If I do find one, then what is the procedure to use it? I assume I connect to the service port in the manifold (the centre one), but then which side do I open - high or low?

Cheers,
Paul