Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] GP150 GPS Data Output Fault

Alex Ramseyer <alexramseyer@...>

Hi Dean, I had the same problem ca. 2,5  years ago and replaced the GP-150 with a GP-90 which cost me ca. USD 200 on E-bay. In January 2017 the GP 90 run into the same symptoms. I was lucky to find an excellent marine electronics pro near Ft. Pierce. He instantly diagnosed correctly, sent the GP-90 to Furuno and they repaired it (can't remember the price but it was not a lot). It's been working fine ever since.
Best regads,
Alex
SY NO STRESS
AMEL54 #15

On Saturday, June 30, 2018, 2:02:42 PM GMT-4, trifin@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thanks for those suggestions.
I did check the manual in detail and have even reset the unit to factory defaults, but no go.
I am not near a dealer, and I’m moving around so the repair option (if they are interested in doing that) will have to wait. I’ll try the UK as I might be able to organise that in the coming months.

I found those second hand units on eBay earlier today, but they don’t ship to anywhere near me.

I might reconfigure my system tomorrow to use the MFD as the source. This may also solve a problem I posted about previously where there is no heading data at the Hydra display.

Cheers
Dean