Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Gas Struts for Engine Hatch

karkauai

Hi Duane, I am not on my boat for a couple of weeks, but I ordered mine from a company recommended on this forum.  Reasonably priced, stainless, quick service and shipping, and fits well.  I’m sure you can find the conversation with a bit of searching..

Kent Robertson
Kristy
SM243

On Jul 2, 2018, at 3:47 PM, sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I need to replace the gas struts for the engine hatch.

I've looked at the forum and found Bill R's note that they are rated at 400 Newton (90 pounds), and I measure the length at 22.5" extended length and a stroke length of 8".

The problem is I cannot find a gas strut with bolted connections.  They seem to come in clevis and ball joint.

Does anyone have a source reference?

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477