Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Gas Struts for Engine Hatch

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi,

I searched car parts of various makes and models till I found some that fitted. I went around all the car businesses in Noumea to find ours. They've done about 4 years so far and going well. Im sure the same would apply elsewhere.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 03 July 2018 at 07:47 "sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I need to replace the gas struts for the engine hatch.

I've looked at the forum and found Bill R's note that they are rated at 400 Newton (90 pounds), and I measure the length at 22.5" extended length and a stroke length of 8".

The problem is I cannot find a gas strut with bolted connections.  They seem to come in clevis and ball joint.

Does anyone have a source reference?

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477