Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Batteries for Amel 54

Barry Connor

Hi,
Olivier told me to get ordinary lead acid batteries and don’t let them drop below 80%. With running the generator for about 1 hour each morning and then having solar panels I find that I only sometimes run the generator again in the evening.
Are deep cycle regular batteries? I did see that gell batteries are listed as deep cycle.
Best Regards

Barry and Penny
“Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54.  #17
Trogir.  Croatia

On Jul 4, 2018, at 14:48, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

You are aware that Hankook MF31-750 is a "starting" battery and NOT a deep cycle battery.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 4:10 AM Barry Connor connor_barry@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Wolfgang,

Because I was buying 13 batteries the BatteryMegaStore in the UK gave me the post fittings at no extra charge, 26 in total. The batteries are exactly the same size and I still use the original wood spacers between them. Everything still fits very snugly, no movement.
I was fortunate to have a small people mover van for 6 months after I bought the boat in May 2015 and was driving back and forth (Marseille to UK)... Carried these batteries over 2 trips. You will have to check with the France store to see if they will deliver at no charge. The UK store would only deliver at no charge to UK address.

Best Regards
Barry

On Jul 4, 2018, at 10:42, webercardio webercardio@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Barry,
Did you have to change anything in the batterycompartment, cable, fittings etc for these batteries?
Thank you very much Wolfgang SY Elise

Dr. med. Wolfgang Weber
Lenaustr. 2 45657 Recklinghausen Germany
Telefon +49 2361 182005 FAX + 49 2361 182006
Attention: This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited

Von: "Barry Connor connor_barry@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
Datum: 28.06.18 12:52 (GMT+01:00)
Betreff: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Batteries for Amel 54

Hi Wolfgang,

You can look at BatteryMagastore online I got 13 Hankook MF31-750 110Ah in Sept 2015, which cost £70 in UK and in France they now advertise them at about €88. They should last you about 5 years.
This was the best price that I found.
Best Regards

Barry and Penny
“Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54. #17
Split Croatia

On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:37, webercardio@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear Amel sailors, I am on the way to Hyeres /France and want New batteries for our Amel 54.

Charger and everything will not be changed and I would like to buy nearly the same batteries - the originals are from 2010/11. Any recommendations where to buy and which brand ?

Thank you.

Wolfgang Weber SY Elise  Amel 54 # 162 on the way to Bonifacio/France