Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] CLIMMA AC on AMEL 54

luvkante

Tx very much Bill, I didn`t know that.

What is your recommendation to me? My current CLIMMAs constantly develop new leaks and electric failures.

Thank you very much in advance.

Martin

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 04.07.2018 um 17:25 schrieb Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Sadly, it seems to be a trend that is progressing with the progression of technology. The older Climma Compact units made prior to about 2006 lasted 10-20 years with usually the only failures in Capacitors. There is a major difference in the electronics of a newer Climma Compact...so much so, that you would not recognize the newer electronics as being a progression of the older. It isn't just Climma, it is all refrigeration and Air Conditioning systems. I expect the life expectancy of those Climma Compacts made after about 2006 to be half of the earlier generation. The same is true with other brands.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 9:08 AM Martin K luvkante@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Ian,

Yes please , I would be happy to receive some more information!

Anybody with some longterm experience?

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 04.07.2018 um 15:46 schrieb Ian Townsend smlocalola@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Martin:

We installed Webasto brand AC in September 2017 in our SM. Three 10,000 BTU units. We have used them in Florida for a total of five months and in the Bahamas for about one month. They have a good reputation in North America and I am impressed with their performance and reliability so far (bearing in mind, they have only seen six months of service). Let me know if you want any further details.

Ian
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

On Jul 4, 2018, at 9:32 AM, luvkante@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello everybody,

I am sick and tired of my CLIMMA AC`s on CHIARA. They are constantly quitting their service. I had repaired them so many times since I bought CHIARA new in 2010: electronics defect, fan defect, heater defect, leaks and leaks and leaks........

Does anybody have experience with a new generation of CLIMMA ACs (if there is any) or even better: with a more reliable brand?

Fit? Installation? Reliability?

I am ready to get rid of them.

Martin

AMEL 54 #149 CHIARA