Re: Volvo/Autoprop not making rated RPM..advice please

Annsofie <kanalmamman@...>

Hi
We have a Super Maramu built 1998, and we hade the same problem with
our Volvo Penta, maybe it could be the same on a Yanmar.
We did do as Ann&John SM #319 suggested but it wasn't enough. Then we
hade the nozzels/injectors changed. And we had no more problems.

Jonas and Annsofie
Lady Annila

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "jlucmertz" <jlmertz@...>
wrote:

hello Niels Faerch

We have exactly the same problem with our TMD22 it run only at 2400
rpm (tubo is ok etc..)

Did you solve your problem ? at what RPM are you now running ?

Merci
JLMERTZ
COTTON BAY

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com,
<nrfaerch@>
wrote:

> We're only getting 2400RPM with wide open throttle. The
prop
is
clean
> as is the underbody. This means we are only capable of
developing
> around +/- 60% of rated power say around 50-ish HP.
>
> Is is everyone accepting this or are you getting your
props re-
pitched
> prop?
>
> Would I be better off changing to a regular adjustable
pitch
> feathering prop?
>
> Thanks

Hello Niels,
The owners manual for my Yanmar 75HP recommends that if the
engine
has been on a light load for a while that it should be run up
max
revs to burn off the carbon build up on the turbo fan. This
should
be
done several times until white smoke is cleared from the
exhaust.
Having done that it is important to let the engine tick over
for a
minute or so before turning it off so that the fan bearings etc
are
cooled/cleansed with > oil rather than leaving the burnt oil to
dry
in place. It also > recommends injecting a water/soap spray from
time
to time but I have> not been brave enough to try this!

Best wishes, Anne and John, SM 319