Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Freshwater Pump - pressure sensing mechanical switch

Mark Erdos

Colin,

The issue with your fresh water pump most likely lies inside the pressure switch with the connectors. We had a similar issue  a couple of months ago and treated the connectors with some Corrosion X and cleaned them. I carry a couple of spare D pressure switches and was ready to replace the entire switch but so far the Corrosion X has worked its magic.

There are some instructions to setting and wiring the pressure switch in the files section (I think Bill Rouse posted from Bebe). The file also has links to online instructions.

Also, the pressure switches are readily available at a good hardware or pump store. This is a common switch.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Curacao

www.creampuff.us