Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] CLIMMA AC on AMEL 54

Ian Townsend

I agree with Bill K. about dual cycle and it's one of the reasons we chose Webasto. Before deciding on this brand, I talked or met with many if the major manufacturers and several installers. Many installers say it's OK but most manufacturers are increasingly backing away from marketing or endorsing their products for dual cycle usage.

Ian
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153

On Jul 4, 2018, at 12:34 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Our boat had the CoastalAir units installed.  The one in the main saloon is still going strong (after 23 years), the aft cabin unit died 2 years ago when the check valve in the compressor stuck.

We replaced it with one from MarinAire.  Pretty much a drop in replacement if you use the 8000BTU unit for the aft cabin.

Nothing to report, other than it works as needed--when needed.  Price was excellent.  Delivery was quick from Florida.  Engineering looks good.  Time will tell...

No matter which unit you use, it helps to be sure that the system will work on either 50 or 60 hz systems.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA