Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] CLIMMA AC on AMEL 54

Hello Bill K,

We chose the “reverse cycle” and used it often when wintering in SO Italy.

However, as you state, we rarely use ti.

:-)

JPG, SY Eleuthera, SM 007
Tahiti.

On 4 Jul 2018, at 11:28, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Actually it was Bill R who commented on the reverse cycle.

Fortunately I mostly agree. I wouldn’t pay extra for reverse cycle, and we have never used it on our units. Of course we tend to stay where it is warm!

I don’t think having the reverse cycle adds a significant failure point however. So I don’t see having it installed is a downside. The biggest risk is that the reverse valve sticks and you are stuck forever cooling.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA