broken headsail furling mechanism

drdavegoodman

Any and all advice would be appreciated about a new problem. My
headsail was not completely raised when the furling mechanism was
actuated. A shackle on the foot apparently got caught in some nearby
rigging, resulting in the shearing of the 3 set screws between the
motor drive disc and the furling disc. Is there any way short of
dismantling the forestay rig to replace the set screww? I have tried
to tap a new screw holes into the motor drive disc (suggested by Amel)
but cannot get a good alignment. I then removed the 8 rivits and 3
bolts in an effort to lift the manual furler up on the extrusion, but
am unable to budge it.`