Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] CLIMMA AC on AMEL 54

Ian Townsend

Bill and Martin:

For clarity and when referring to my last email on this where I used the term "dual cycle", I was talking about dual cycle in the context of 50/60Hz (not heating and cooling).

Ian
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153

On Jul 4, 2018, at 5:28 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Actually it was Bill R who commented on the reverse cycle.

Fortunately I mostly agree. I wouldn’t pay extra for reverse cycle, and we have never used it on our units. Of course we tend to stay where it is warm!

I don’t think having the reverse cycle adds a significant failure point however. So I don’t see having it installed is a downside. The biggest risk is that the reverse valve sticks and you are stuck forever cooling.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA