Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Freshwater Pump - pressure sensing mechanical switch

James Studdart

You should also check the “sensor” part of the pressure switch. Unscrew it from the rest of the pump and look down the short pipe where the water presses on the switch. We replaced ours but I cleaned up the old one as a spare... it’s now doing good service on a friends SM.

Cheers,
James
SeaBean, SM344
Vava’u, Tonga

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 10:36 greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

The company Square D makes a wide selection of pressure switches that would be suitable. Pick your liquid connection size, and your pressure range, and your are good to go.

Like the original, the are simple, robust, mechanical. They are widely available at least in the US.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA