From: Annsofie <kanalmamman@hotmail.com>
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Volvo/Autoprop not making rated RPM..advice please
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, August 22, 2008, 3:50 AM
Hi
We have a Super Maramu built 1998, and we hade the same
problem with
our Volvo Penta, maybe it could be the same on a Yanmar.
We did do as Ann&John SM #319 suggested but it
wasn't enough. Then we
hade the nozzels/injectors changed. And we had no more
problems.

Jonas and Annsofie
Lady Annila

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com,
"jlucmertz" <jlmertz@...>
wrote:

hello Niels Faerch

We have exactly the same problem with our TMD22 it run
only at 2400
rpm (tubo is ok etc..)

Did you solve your problem ? at what RPM are you now
running ?

Merci
JLMERTZ
COTTON BAY

<nrfaerch@>
wrote:

> We're only getting 2400RPM
with wide open throttle. The
prop
is
clean
> as is the underbody. This means
we are only capable of
developing
> around +/- 60% of rated power say
around 50-ish HP.

> Is is everyone accepting this or
are you getting your
props re-
pitched
> prop?
>
> Would I be better off changing to
a regular adjustable
pitch
> feathering prop?
>
> Thanks

have been removed]

Hello Niels,
The owners manual for my Yanmar 75HP
recommends that if the
engine
has been on a light load for a while that it
should be run up
max
revs to burn off the carbon build up on the
turbo fan. This
should
be
done several times until white smoke is
cleared from the
exhaust.
Having done that it is important to let the
engine tick over
for a
minute or so before turning it off so that
the fan bearings etc
are
cooled/cleansed with > oil rather than leaving
the burnt oil to
dry
in place. It also > recommends injecting a
water/soap spray from
time
to time but I have> not been brave enough to
try this!

Best wishes, Anne and John,
SM 319

been removed]