Re: ball valve on outlet of holding tank replacement

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Peter:

See this link to the photos section of this forum for details and specifications on this replacement:

If the link doesn't work then go to the photos section and search for holding tank, or valve etc.  There is file folder on this issue.  I do wish folks would post all related photos in folders with appropriate searchable titles rather than by boat name etc.

I would recommend "marine brass"  or "naval brass" (silver colored valves like Amel originally installed), rather than regular brass valve.  See this link for why this is more resistant to dezincification etc.  http://www.nationalbronze.com/News/what-is-naval-brass/
 The fittings, as noted in the photo file, are BPSS  (British straight pipe thread) so you must use a sealant that will harden somewhat or the new valve will rotate when you actuate the handle.

Good luck,

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 #335
Just completing hurricane repairs, sitting next to a sister ship,  Amel # 331 "Cloud Street" at Island Marine Inc, at Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico