Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] engine cruising RPM

greatketch@...

Full throttle for us is 3000 rpm at 8knots when the bottom is shiny clean. Our normal cruise is 2000 at 6knots.  Bumped up occasionally to 2800 to get things hot.  Speeds are slower if it’s rough, of course.

That’s pretty much the normal expected values for the Super Maramu with the TMD22.

We have the MaxProp.  I’d guess your fixed prop would be incrementally more efficient.

The engine is not really rated to run at full power output indefinetly, but should have no trouble with 80%.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA