Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Onan Water Pump

Duane,

I looked at your illustration. When water exits where you illustrated, the internal seal is leaking  and the pump has to be rebuilt. I had 2 water pumps and switched them when the impeller timetable called for a new impeller. I also had the rebuild kit for this pump, but never rebuilt it. I believe the bearing is pressed on with a hydraulic press. Hence, the reason that I had two pumps.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Any opinions and conclusions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and should not be construed as representing the opinion of an expert. Manufacturers' and Expert's precautions must be taken when dealing with mechanical and/or electrical systems to ensure that you are NOT harmed, and/or the device and/or system is NOT ruined. If in doubt, do not touch any referred to mechanical and/or electrical device or system.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 1:42 PM sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

Is there anything complex about rebuilding the pump?  It looks like I would order parts 4 thru 12 and a simple matter of replacements.

Can the shaft (part 1) be removed without worrying about orientation?  Would you also replace the Body (part 3)?

The local West Marine rep told me I'd probably have to go to Annapolis for the parts, since you're in Annapolis any suggestions?  I'm now in Lewes, DE on our way to Marthas V ineyard and Cape Cod.

Thanks for your replies!
Duane
Wanderer, SM#477
Currently in Lewes, DE