Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bilge Continuous Running

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi. Is there water coming out of the discharge pipe. If not is there water in the sump up to the level of float switch activation. If no to the first and yes to the second your problem is the pump is not priming and of course then the float switch is activating the pump. This can be caused by a leak in the suction pipe, a faulty valve or a valve with something caught in it, or a hole in the diaphragm. ( in order of probability) As to the switches.  If you put it on manual it will run regardless until you switch it off manual. On auto the float switch controls on and off.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 07 July 2018 at 16:41 "mgarver@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I tried searching for this, but couldn’t find the answer. My wife and I just returned to our boat and today I noticed that the bilge is running non-stop. I went to the engine room and noticed that the bilge switch appears to be turned on, but am unsure if I turn it to the lower position if I am turning off the auto-bilge or not. When I turn the switch off, obviously the bilge ceases to run, but not sure if it will kick in if water builds up again. Question is if turned to the botttom position, does that turn off the bilge pump including automatic?

THanks,

Mark