Re: watermaker d 60/fureno radar

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>

For Dessalator parts (end caps & O rings) and service contact:
Rosyne Castino (Dessalator@wanadoo.fr)
+33 (0) 4 93 95 04 55
ZI des 3 Moulins
282 rue des Cistes
B√Ętiment Euro 92
06600 ANTIBES

Contact for airwaterice.com is don@airwaterice.com

Best,

Bill Rouse
s/v BeBe

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, phil.berghmans <no_reply@...>
wrote:

hello everyone,

hi,i've bougth amel santorin (1994) recently and i am preparing her to
go bluewater cruising.I will be crossing the med( france to
turkey)leaving 1st off september.(We leave the med next year)

While preparing the boat the watermaker d60 i believe has not worked
for at least 5 years and seams to be in bad condition (pump looks very
corroded,filters don't look so good ether,...)The unit has 150
hours.Does anyone have any advice or experience with this problem?

Is it word to have a big revision done on this (old model)would you
remove it or change it for another newer less power consuming model?
Anyone has any idea off the costs reparing a d 60?

Or would you go cruising without one ?

Also have problems with the Fureno radar(500h) only gives very few
readings nearby on small range and not very clear echos.I tried to
clean the connections under the mizzen mast and went up the mast to
open the antenna(wich looked brandnew inside).This didn't help very
much.Adjusting the gain didn't ether.Does anyone have any experience
on this subject ?

The fridge allso has a problem they changed the compresser but didn't
replace it with the original frigoboat system but with a conventional
danfoss (db 35 i think)that works on air cooling.The system
continuesly runs wich made me change the thermostat.This did not help
so i think i have to change to a water cooled system?Anyone had the
same problem?

For the rest she looks great! haha

Thank you all for your advice.

Phil Amel Santorin 1994 nr 101