Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Onan Water Pump

Mark Erdos

Alex,

Hope you are doing well.

I have a 1999 MDKAL Onan. The Onan part number for the complete raw water pump is 132-0358. This matches the same part number in your MDKAW parts manual and the same pump fits both models.  (page 46).  http://www.gemo-online.de/pdf/onan/MDKAV_parts.pdf in your manual

This is the correct part that will fit:

https://www.amazon.com/Sherwood-G702-PUMP-ONAN-132-0358/dp/B002IV69K4/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1530980928&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=132-0358

US$ 250.  Plus shipping – not bad.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Saturday, July 7, 2018 10:37 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Onan Water Pump

Mark,

I found the G702 on Amazon and would like to order one as a spare.

However, I need to be sure that pump is the right one for my MDKAW model from 2005. Do all ONAN that we use on our AMELS have the same pump? Where can i  ask/research to be sure in case there are different Sherwood pumps for our ONANS available?

Thans, Alex

SY NO STRESS

AMEL54 #15

On Saturday, July 7, 2018, 8:58:29 AM GMT-4, sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Duane,

Actually, you're right - it is easy-peasy and you definitely don't need to go to the expense of a shop rebuilt. I agree with Mark that having two pumps works great - you can rebuild one at your leisure after popping the new one on. I do this with both my genset and my main engine water pumps - have rebuilt them both many times over the years.

In lieu of a press you can just carefully tap out the shaft using a socket from your socket wrench set as a "pusher". On reassembly you may want to put parts in the freezer and/or hot water to make them go together more easily. Sourcing parts is easy.

Have fun with it!

Cheers, Craig Briggs

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

Bill R.,

Thank for your post.  I actually had a rebuild kit on board (memory is an occasional thing for me these days it seems) and though easi-peasi, just rebuild the pump!  But it will take a shop to get this one apart.

I agree with you, another pump is the way to go.

Duane

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.